Fennel roast fish
- 3 baby fennel bulbs (390g), trimmed, sliced thinly, reserve ½ cup of fronds
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 x 750g (1½-pound) boneless, skinless firm white fish fillets
- 100g (3 ounces) pitted sicilian olives, sliced thickly
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup micro radish leaves
- herb dressing
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. Combine fennel, green onion and half the oil in a large bowl; season. Place fennel mixture on tray; top with fish, drizzle with remaining oil. Season.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is tender. Stand for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make herb dressing.
5. Serve fish topped with olives, reserved fennel fronds, mint and micro radish; drizzle with herb dressing.
Herb dressing: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; season.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a green salad and steamed baby potatoes.
It is important that both fish fillets are similar in length and thickness as this will ensure the fish will cook evenly. Combine the dressing ingredients close to serving to preserve the colour of the herbs.