- 500g type ‘00’ flour, plus extra if needed and for dusting
- 1 x 7g sachet dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 150 ml milk, plus extra if needed
- 100 ml of water
- 300g potatoes, boiled, mashed and cooled
- salt flakes
- cherry tomatoes
- dried oregano, for topping
Place the flour and yeast in a large bowl, add the olive oil, milk, water and mashed potato and mix with a spoon until it comes together. Season with a generous pinch of salt, then knead on a floured surface for 2–3 minutes or until smooth. If the dough is a bit dry, add a little more milk or water; if it’s too wet, add a little extra flour.
Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and allow to rise at room temperature for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
Preheat your oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the dough on the prepared tray and gently stretch with floured hands to a rectangle about 1 cm thick. Top with halved or whole cherry tomatoes, dried oregano, salt and a little extra olive oil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and puffed up.
Recipe from “Cook Like An Italian” Season 2, Episode 2