Karage chicken nuggets
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 750g (1½lb) chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups (285g) quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup (90g) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- olive oil cooking spray
- mayonnaise and sriracha, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Combine ginger, garlic, tamari and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. Place quinoa flakes and almond meal in a shallow bowl; drizzle over the olive oil while stirring the mixture. Using fingertips, rub the oil through the crumb mixture to thoroughly combine. Season with salt.
4. Drain chicken. Dip chicken pieces one at a time into egg, then press into the quinoa mixture firmly to coat. Place on lined tray and spray with olive oil spray.
5. Bake chicken nuggets for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
6. Serve nuggets with mayonnaise swirled with a little sriracha.
Recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly Grazing Boards, Are Media Books, RRP $49.99, available where all good books are sold & at www.awwcookbooks.com.au