Pork & miso burgers with slaw
- 500g (1lb) pork mince (ground pork)
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 bread rolls
- 4 cups (320g) shredded wombok (napa cabbage)
- 3 cups fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 green onions (scallions), extra, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup (75g) japanese mayonnaise (kewpie)
- japanese mayonnaise (kewpie), extra, sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges and thinly sliced red chilli, extra, to serve
- Place pork mince, onion, miso and chilli in a large bowl; season. Mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties, slightly larger than the rolls.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Split the rolls, and cook, cut-side down, until browned lightly; remove from the pan. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Cook the patties for 8 minutes, turning halfway, or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine wombok, coriander, extra onion and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Season.
- Spread the bases of the rolls with extra mayonnaise. Place a patty on each base and top with some slaw.
- Serve with remaining slaw, sweet chilli sauce, lime and extra chilli.
Tip- We left the seeds in the chilli for the patties. If you don’t want it too hot, remove the seeds from the chilli before chopping, or just leave it out.