2 hours, 30 minutes
- 1⁄2 baby spring lamb leg, approx 3kg
- 12 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove lamb from the refrigerator two hours before cooking. Stud the lamb all over with garlic and rosemary. Preheat oven to 160°C (mode 7). Place lamb on a roasting rack and into a large baking tray. Drizzle lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the water and the wine to the tray. Join two sheets of foil together and cover tray tightly*.
- Roast for approx two hours then remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes. When ready the lamb should be well done and fall away from the bone. Allow to rest for 10 minutes then cut into serving pieces and serve on a platter with the broccolini.
- For the broccolini
Blanch the broccolini and sauté with sliced garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- *Do not allow aluminum foil to touch any enamel surface as this will cause irreparable damage to the oven.