Torta Tenerina (Montenegro)
- 200g of 70% dark chocolate
- 100g of unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 level tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 200g of caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 C conventional. Line a 20-22 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk to combine and cool down.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Whip egg whites with pinch of salt until firm. Add the cooled chelate mixture to the egg yolk one and whisk well. Gradually add the whopped egg whites, making sure to be gently and not beat the air out.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, level and bake for 30-15 minutes. Cool in the tin. Once cooled it will sink slight. Top with berries and icing sugar.
Recipe from: Cook Like an Italian Season 2 Episode 1