Warm kipfler & cucumber salad with dill
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 4 lebanese cucumbers (520g), seeded, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white (granulated) sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1kg (2 pounds) kipfler (fingerling) potatoes, unpeeled, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh dill sprigs
- ¼ cup (50g) salted baby capers, rinsed
1. Combine onion and cucumber in a medium heatproof bowl.
2. Place vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over low heat; stir, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil; pour over onion mixture. Cool.
3. Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain.
4. Place potato and onion mixture in a large bowl with oil, dill and capers; toss gently to combine. Season to taste. Serve warm.